AEI Careers - Solar PV Technician
Alternate Energy Inc. is seeking applicants to install residential grid-tied PV systems. In this position, the Installer will provide support to the crew lead of the installation team, communicate job status data to the operations management, and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays/systems. It is the responsibility of every Installer to ensure safe work practices for the AEI installation team.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Pulling inventory for each installation job, ensuring adequate inventory for truck load
- Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse
- On-site design installation, working off of plan designs
- Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and mounting hardware
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Document completion of job with photos
- Clean up of job site
- High school degree or GED required, some college education highly preferred.
- 1 – 2years of previous experience in general construction preferred
- Basic understanding/experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with the safe use of hand-held and power tools.
- Experience working with all types of building materials - various roof types - stucco, wood, concrete, etc. preferred.
- Strong customer interaction skills a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including correct use of grammar and spelling a plus.
- Must be able to learn quickly and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, crawl spaces, etc.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds comfortably.