News & Events
Job Title: Journeyman/Apprentice HVAC Installer
Dept.: Operations – HVAC
Location: Honolulu, HI
Pay Rate: Depending on Experience
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits: 100% Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Paid Vacation, Company Vehicle
Reports to: Dir. Of Operations
One of Hawaii’s largest photovoltaic providers is currently seeking HVAC Journeymen and Apprentices for top dollar. Committed to hiring the best, we are looking for a reliable HVAC technician highly skilled in their trade with strong ethic to perform the following duties:
- Solid knowledge of installing, servicing, rebuilding, troubleshooting, cleaning, modifying and operating all HVAC, refrigeration, controls, equipment and related systems
- Strong understanding of system operation, building plans and working drawings
- Compliance with job site safety and an ability to follow company policies, procedures and training
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience as an HVAC technician
- Valid Hawaii state driver’s license with clean abstract
- Valid HVAC Journeyman License required (Journeyman position)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Familiarity with installing Mitsubishi products is a plus
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Studying building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations
- Diagnosing causes of equipment breakdowns, testing parts with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling parts, and making necessary repairs
- Locating and marking position of pipe and/or duct connections and passage holes for same in walls and floors and then cutting openings to accommodate pipe and/or duct fittings, using hand tools and power tools
- Cutting and threading pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine
- Connecting motors to control panels and balancing motors to insure efficient operation and connecting control panels to power source
Directions: If interested in this opportunity, please call 842-5853, or send resumes to sales (at) alternateenergyhawaii.com.
Call us if you’re a hardworking and highly self-motivated professional and can prove it. Be apart of a local, fast growing and progressive company. We are in the Solar Industry, but we don’t hire backgrounds. We’re hiring top producers only. If you’re average, you can earn $100K with us. If you are a star, you can earn $300K plus. Young or old, if you have the stuff, we’ll know. Contact us at 842-5853.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Be able to sell all products and services offered.
- Possess a competitive spirit and desire to meet and exceed assigned sales goals.
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to educate and engage customers through product demonstrations.
- Ability to interact with customers and providing prompt and courteous customer service to all customers in person, via phone, or email.
- Position is 100% based on commission.
The state Department of Taxation issued new rules today that will effectively limit the ability of homeowners to claim multiple tax credits for the installation of solar photovoltaic systems.