News & Events
The state Department of Taxation issued new rules today that will effectively limit the ability of homeowners to claim multiple tax credits for the installation of solar photovoltaic systems.
We Are Hiring!
Please see the listings below for available positions:
Summary of Position:
Install and adjust electrical systems servicing photovoltaic (PV) solar systems and solar water heating systems.
• Work from prints, diagrams, specifications, and instructions covering scheduled and unscheduled installations.
• Install, test and inspect work done on electrical systems using prints, diagrams, and test instruments.
• Thorough working knowledge of Hawaii electrical codes.
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
• Verify that installation is performed according to plans and as per relevant codes and Hawaii regulations.
• Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and be a team player.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Able to work internally with operations team and externally with customers.
• Able to work rotational shifts if necessary, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required.
• Direct other repair and electrical personnel, as assigned.
• Electrical journeyman license preferred but not necessary upon hiring. Must be working towards your electrical journeyman license.
• At least two (2) years of residential service experience
Alternate Energy Inc. is seeking applicants to install residential grid-tied PV systems. In this position, the Installer will provide support to the crew lead of the installation team, communicate job status data to the operations management, and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays/systems. It is the responsibility of every Installer to ensure safe work practices for the AEI installation team.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Pulling inventory for each installation job, ensuring adequate inventory for truck load
- Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse
- On-site design installation, working off of plan designs
- Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and mounting hardware
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Document completion of job with photos
- Clean up of job site
- High school degree or GED required, some college education highly preferred.
- 1 – 2years of previous experience in general construction preferred
- Basic understanding/experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with the safe use of hand-held and power tools.
- Experience working with all types of building materials - various roof types - stucco, wood, concrete, etc. preferred.
- Strong customer interaction skills a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including correct use of grammar and spelling a plus.
- Must be able to learn quickly and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, crawl spaces, etc.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds comfortably.